Monday, October 17, 2011

Apple Pie Moonshine


I attended a friend's 30th birthday party about a month ago and they were serving Apple Pie Moonshine.  No joke this stuff is so delicious and tastes so much like apple pie, you can drink it without any mixers.  I requested the recipe from my friend and luckily we already had a trip planned to Oregon last weekend so I could buy the grain alcohol (they don't sell it in Washington) that I needed to make my own.  Here is the recipe:

Apple Pie Moonshine 
Ingredients:
  • 1 gallon apple cider
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
 Directions:
  1. Mix cider, honey, nutmeg & cinnamon in large pot on stove, bring to a boil while stirring the whole time
  2. Take the mixture off the heat and let cool all the way
  3. Add one fifth of 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear)
  4. Mix it up and pour it in bottles
  5. Store in the refrigerator, serve hot or cold
 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment